[dev] I/O hammering (was: imp folder prefix)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 30 May 2001 16:33:41 -0400

Quoting Egan <egan@sevenkings.net>:

> Presumably, imap_fetchstructure() generated this.  Then IMAPd replied:
>
>     1 FETCH (BODYSTRUCTURE ("TEXT" "PLAIN" ("CHARSET"
>         "US-ASCII" NIL NIL "8BIT" 1246 53 NIL NIL NIL) FLAGS (\Seen))
>
> Is this being used to determine whether the message has attachments?

Yes.

> It looks like the only c-client interaction is the BODYSTRUCTURE
> string in the FETCH request.  Can't imap_fetchstructure ask for that
> too, if we modify it?

c-client is the library that php links against to provide imap/pop3/nntp
functions. So in a sense _everything_ is c-client interaction. Also,
imap_fetchstructure _is_ what asks for BODYSTRUCTURE. We can't make
imap_fetch_overview() ask for BODYSTRUCTURE without modifying c-client. Which
isn't an acceptable requirement.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Black and white and grey, all the shades of truth.