[dev] PEAR problem

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 12:05:59 -0400

Quoting G <g459@yahoo.com>:

> I can't recall exactly what it was, but a couple days ago I was having no luck
> compiling php4-cvs on FreeBSD (I was trying to follow the instructions about
> updating pear).. i think it was libtool version problems.. then when i
> updated, it gave no specific error message (build error 2 or something.. id
> recreate it, but i dont think i have to compile it at all...) so I just
> copied all the pear files that horde was missing (rfc822, log, http/*) to the
> current php lib.  is there any reason that this should not be done, that they
> actually need to be rebuilt?  (seems to work for me...)

Nope, that's fine. You can also just run make install from the pear directory
after running configure.

> on another note, little things im working on off and on as i need them that im
> wondering if there are plans to implement, or if anyone else would like to see
> these at all:  options to download other mail (at least pop to a maildir), and
> filtering, either through manipulating .procmail, javascript, or both.

I'm a but unsure what you mean by javascript filtering. We have client-side
filters in the 2.3 branch (which I assume you're using since you're talking
about PEAR), and there's code sitting around to fetch mail from other accounts,
it just hasn't been finished yet.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.