[dev] PEAR problem

G g459@yahoo.com
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 09:21:22 -0700 (PDT)

--- Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org> wrote:
> Quoting G <g459@yahoo.com>:
>
> > I can't recall exactly what it was, but a couple days ago I was having no
> luck
> > compiling php4-cvs on FreeBSD (I was trying to follow the instructions
> about
> > updating pear).. i think it was libtool version problems.. then when i
> > updated, it gave no specific error message (build error 2 or something.. id
> > recreate it, but i dont think i have to compile it at all...) so I just
> > copied all the pear files that horde was missing (rfc822, log, http/*) to
> the
> > current php lib.  is there any reason that this should not be done, that
> they
> > actually need to be rebuilt?  (seems to work for me...)
>
> Nope, that's fine. You can also just run make install from the pear directory
>
> after running configure.

the problem was i couldn't even run buildconf, but as long as just copying them
works, I have no problems with it.

> > on another note, little things im working on off and on as i need them that
> im
> > wondering if there are plans to implement, or if anyone else would like to
> see
> > these at all:  options to download other mail (at least pop to a maildir),
> and
> > filtering, either through manipulating .procmail, javascript, or both.
>
> I'm a but unsure what you mean by javascript filtering. We have client-side
> filters in the 2.3 branch (which I assume you're using since you're talking
> about PEAR), and there's code sitting around to fetch mail from other
> accounts,
> it just hasn't been finished yet.

hmm.. i stopped using horde for a couple months (when my system died a quick
and painful death), and i remember these were both planned, but unless i
botched something (quite possible) or missed the config for it (don't think
so), there was no way to play with the filters as of 2.3-cvs 3 days ago...
like no option in the UI at all, only mentioned vaguely in the help files.
(then again i haven't configured turba at all yet.. what exactly is necessary
to turn filtering on?)  and yes, the fetchmail options that i now look at
(oops) are exactly what i was talking about.

Thanks,
Gabriel

> -chuck
>
> --
> Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
> Some fallen angels have their good reasons.

=====
Cosmic evolution is ominscient God comprehensively articulate.
    -R. Buckminster Fuller