[dev] Horde Installer

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 21:08:26 -0400

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 01:04:55AM +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

> > I figured it would live at the Horde level.  It would be able to
> > manage Horde's configuration settings as well as detect installed
> > applications, which could also be configured.
>
> I think we need to tackle the problem of Horde application installation
> on a more general level.

I agree.  I think would should start by writing a simply Config
class that handles reading and writing values.  That's not to say
that applications need to change (they can still read the $conf
hash), but it would be a good shart upon which configuration
tools could be built.  Provided the API was stable, the
underlying configuration implementation could change, too (to XML
or whatever).

> The other question is: this version of Horde, or save the work for the
> next version, and shift towards a stable release rapidly?  We can keep
> adding features forever :)

Later, I think.  We don't have the time to write and test it
before the next release.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology