[dev] Horde Installer

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:27:25 -0400

Quoting Jon Parise <jon@horde.org>:

> I agree.  I think would should start by writing a simply Config
> class that handles reading and writing values.  That's not to say
> that applications need to change (they can still read the $conf
> hash), but it would be a good shart upon which configuration
> tools could be built.  Provided the API was stable, the
> underlying configuration implementation could change, too (to XML
> or whatever).

I have no problem with this. I just want to mention that I don't think we
should change how the apps read conf values, though - generating the config
files differently is fine, but I don't know of a good reason to add overhead by
making the apps read anything other than the hashes they do now.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.