[dev] Re: misconfigured ezmlm

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 11:04:48 -0400

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 05:09:49PM +0200, Cynic wrote:

> >> Hm... Horde lists are among a small group of lists that do this
> >> (new-httpd@apache.org is another example). I get the right behavior
> >> with all PHP MLs, for example. Would it be possible to modify the
> >> ezmlm settings to workaround this?
> >
> >I still think your email client is broken, but given that I'm not a mlm
> >software expert, I'll back out of the discussion now.
>
> I didn't mean you weren't right. That's why I said "workaround".
> I'd be really glad if the person who takes care of Horde's ezmlm
> install could do something about this problem. Provided it wouldn't
> break anything, of course. As I said, I experience this problem
> with only a few mailing lists, so this should be possible.

That is a problem with your mail reader (Eudora, I guess).

There is no work-around that will fix that behavior that I can
implement as part of the list configuration.

You'll note that the lists that bring this brokenness to the
surface all set the Reply-To: header automatically.  That is the
source of your problems, but it was decided a long time ago that
it would be better for us to continue the practice of setting
that header to the list address.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology