[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: chora/lib/CVSLib Checkout.php File.php

Cynic cynic@mail.cz
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 18:54:50 +0200

At 18:33 8/9/2001, Mathieu Arnold wrote the following:

>cynic@horde.org wrote:
>>
>> cynic       2001/08/08 18:20:37 PDT
>>
>>   Modified files:
>>     lib/CVSLib           Checkout.php File.php
>>   Log:
>>   fix quotes in RCS commands to keep windows happy
>
>bash either does not make the same use of " and ', as far as I remember,
>if it was ' it was because we wanted to be able to have files named ? or
>*, isn't it ?

Eek, sorry if that broke unices. Can someone test if it's really
the case? If so I can make another patch to use single quotes on
unices and double quotes on windows. that platform wont allow
asterisk or question mark in filename anyway, and it really doesn't
work with single quotes on NT. 9x won't be any better I bet.

cynic@mail.cz
And the eyes of them both were opened and they saw that their files
were world readable and writable, so they chmoded 600 their files.
    - Book of Installation chapt 3 sec 7