Cleaned-up monthly maintenance IMP patch

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 14:03:39 -0600

I posted a patch a few weeks ago for automated monthly maintenance activities
for IMP, and I have since cleaned up the patch tremendously.  Take a look and
see if it is something that could be incorporated into the main branch:

http://bigworm.colorado.edu/imp-patches/monthly.php

Quick synopsis of what it provides (all of this is done once per login session
to IMP - it uses the IMP_LOGIN flag to decide when to run):

  * Deletes a user's Trash folder monthly
  * Rename's a user's sent-mail folder monthly
  * Purges user's old sent-mail folders (user-definable amount of folders to
keep)

All of these options are handled by the Horde preferences system and are
independent of each other.  Renaming sent-mail and purging old sent-mail is
similar to pine's functionality.

Additionally, since I needed to keep track of the last time a user logged in to
IMP to implement these functions anyway, I also added a configuration option to
print the user's last login time (ala logging into UNIX via a terminal) when
they log in to IMP.  Nothing spiffy but you can always turn it off if you don't
like it :)

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder