[dev] new layout experiments

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 07:02:03 +0100

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 02:42:32PM -0400, Rich Lafferty wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 08:35:01PM +0200, Atif Ghaffar (aghaffar@developer.ch) wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > me again,
> >
> > experimenting with yet another face lift :)
> > Test the site
> > http://www.apache.ch (just click on the Demo Login button to login)
>
> Liddle bug -- in Netscape 4.7something in Linux, the Java pulldown menus at
> the top appear /under/ the Select: and Messages-To form pulldowns
> below them.

For javascript at least, it's impossible (afaik) to render
anything on top of select boxes.  I believe there are workarounds
involving hiding the select box layer when wanting to display a
java[script] menu that might go over it.

This is mainly why that DHTML menu hasn't made it into IMP
yet; finding a clean way around the form z-order problem.

Anil