[dev] Confirmation page for monthly maintenance operations

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:07:41 -0400

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 10:37:34PM -0600, Michael M Slusarz (slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu) wrote:
> OK - did some coding (thanks for the input everyone) and this is what I have
> come up with - the confirmation page for the monthly operations.
>
> Here's the screenshot in all its glory:
> http://bigworm.colorado.edu/imp-patches/3/picture5.png

Much saner. :-) The only thing I'd encourage is to make them positive
options rather than negative ones -- make the user explicitly say
"yes" by checking the box rather than forcing them to say "no", so
that the "automatic" action of hitting the button doesn't change
anything. Similarly, you might want something like "Perform monthly
actions" (which makes it clear something's going to happen) instead of
"Continue login" (which can sound like "Don't do any of this, just
take me to the mailbox") for the button.

The rest is ducky. :-)

  -Rich

--
 Montreal, Quebec, Canada   |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!