[dev] License discussion

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:09:02 -0400

Quoting Rich Lafferty <rich@horde.org>:

> IANAL, but the usual key phrase is "a significant amount of code"; a
> one-line patch isn't a problem, but a class or function probably would
> be, and a module certainly is.

I saw the same discussion that started all this, and had the same thoughts
about reconsidering some of our license stuff. IMP is probably entrenched;
sorting that out would be a mess. We switched Horde to the LGPL once; I
wouldn't have a problem switching it to BSD if we could sort it out. Other
apps - Gollem, Chora, Kronolith, Turba, Nag - definitely have a small enough
set of contributors that we could make them BSD if we wanted to. Or PHP
License, or...

Thoughts?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.