[dev] License discussion

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:01:44 -0400

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 02:59:15PM +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

> > As I don't have much knowledge about all these open source
> > licenses I just want to start a discussion if this is
> > something we should think about.
>
> We have too many external patches to allow us to switch
> licenses, even if we wanted to (unless only people in the
> copyright headers count?)

Technically, we'd have to contact everyone who has ever
contributed to the project.  That's really not that defined,
however, so we could take it to mean everyone with a cvs account,
I suppose.

> Personally, I prefer the BSD license; less hassle all around.

Ditto.  Actually, I like the name protection of the Apache
license, so that's my preference.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology