[dev] Sieve filtering module

Julian Jares julian@jares.com.ar
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:42:39 -0300

About project 2:

(btw, my english is not what it used to be :-( )

I was thinking of two "blacklisting methods":
1.
a. Ask all my users (currently 4) to send spam to a mailbox spam@domain
b. Have a daemon check that mailbox, and add to the mysql database (under
username all) the froms
c. install rules for all users that include this rules, and their own.
d. the spam rules should send to a INBOX.junk folder (for if any mistakes)
e. monthly manteinance can clean the junk folder, say each week

2.
(this is cleaner, but doesn't support the cooperative spam reporting)
a. Basically replace the blacklist function with something that adds sieve
filters... Im looking at the projects api.php to see how is that done.

Also, did you like what I did? disliked it? I used a lot of Chuck's code, just
to use as much of the Horde framework as possible, but every time I look at
imp, I just see I reinvented the wheel a lot :-)

Thanks,
Julian