[dev] Sieve filtering module

Atif Ghaffar aghaffar@developer.ch
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:47:27 +0200

Hi Julian,

I think that co-operative filters could be a bad thing.

Example: If I add mail coming from dev@lists.horde.org in  blacklist by
mistake that none of my users (currently 2.5K+) will not be able to
recieve any mails from the dev list.

For the sieve parser stuff,  have a look at  cyrus_sieve.lib from Didi
Diedier <adrieder@sbox.tugraz.at>

I dont know why you are using a mysql database in between to store the
filters?

A cleaner implementation will use the Driver aproach like in Turba/Prefs
etc where the admin can decide what to use to store/manage filters.
Eg: sql/sieve/ldap etc

OTOH, if you use the current mech of storing the filters, then you get
the benifit of both client-side (current) and serverside filtering.
(Server-Side filtering happens only on incoming mails and not on mails
currently in your folder)

cheers

Atif Ghaffar
Internet Development Manager