[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: jonah/lib htmlgen.php

Jan Schneider janmailing@gmx.de
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:28:26 +0200

Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:

> Quoting Jan Schneider <janmailing@gmx.de>:
>
> > The user comments in the php manual makes me think that this function
> doesn't
> > work very reliable so we should only use it if we know that a certain time
>
> > field has a format that works.
>
> Then the function should be fixed... besides, if the format doesn't work,
> it'll
> return -1, right? So that way we know...

The question is: Can we rely on the date/time fields to be in the format
mm/dd/yy or somethings else that strtotime readsy correctly?
If you have fields in the format yy-mm-dd or dd/mm/yy strtotime will return a
timestamp but obviously not the correct one.

So I still think the function should only be used if we know which format the
parsed field has and that strtotime parses this one correctly.

Jan.