[dev] Documentation

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 13:13:56 -0400

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 06:14:17PM +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:

> > I agree that the documentaiton for the framework should be
> > kept together.  I'm still wondering whether it makes sense to
> > bundle the documentation for all of the individual
> > applications together in one set of documentation.
>
> I think so. If we distribute the documentation in html format
> there's no danger that people get lost in it. On the other hand
> everything is in one place if it's needed.
>
> And a side effect may be that people try out other horde
> modules if they read what they offer though they only wanted to
> install imp. ;-)

Okay, I'll agree with that.  That's how the documentation is
currently organized, anyway, so no more work is involved. =)

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)

Date: Fri,  5 Oct 2001 13:29:02 -0400
From: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>
To: dev@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [dev] Documentation

Quoting Jon Parise <jon@horde.org>:

> Okay, I'll agree with that.  That's how the documentation is
> currently organized, anyway, so no more work is involved. =)

It might be good to be able to build chunks of the documentation for inclusion
with tarballs. But I think a lot of people will go to the website for the docs,
where it makes sense to be able to link into individual sections of it, but
it's going to be in one place anyway.

-chuck

--
"There is a river of blood between them." - A member of RAWA
(http://www.rawa.org) on the difference between the people of Afghanistan and