[dev] Problem with pushApp()

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:54:29 -0400

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> We have a rather huge problem with the current design of the registry method
> pushApp() as for example called by callByPackage().

It's not that bad. :)

> The only thing I can think of would be to move the conf and pref loading from
> the applications' base files to the registry.

Conf is already there. I'll move prefs, but in order to do so cleanly, I need
to require that users are logged into Horde - i.e., have Auth information set -
to use preferences in any Horde app. That means requiring that people using IMP
either set it to be the Horde auth mechanism, or log into the framework some
other way - they need to do one or the other.

I don't anticipate this causing a problem, but wanted to give people at least a
little bit of warning.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in