horde framework

Lucas Rockwell lr@meer.net
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 20:54:40 -0700

Hello,

I am very new to horde/imp/etc. and I have a question about how the Horde framework functions.

The Background
I am using horde, imp and turba from cvs (I got it last week) with php 4.0.6 and pear from cvs (from last week as well). All the documentation for horde/imp is for the current release versions with uses phplib (something i don't want to mess with, hence why I am using the new version). I am using horde with postgres, or at least I am trying to use it with postgres.

The Question:
I have imp working well -- in that I can log into my IMAP server, check mail, etc. But what I really want is to log into horde and then be "in" imp. If I authenticate with horde I then have access to turba without having to log in again. However, I do have to log into imp still to check my mail. I want to be able to log into horde (using postgres as the authentication method) and then be able to check my mail with imp without logging into the imap server. Can this be done?

What I really want is for the main page of horde to have all sorts of info for the user -- if there are new mail messages, and a bunch of other features which we are building into the system. But I can't get mail into if they haven't been authenticated into imp yet...

Or do I have to do my authentication for horde via IMAP to make this work the way I want it to?

If this is a simple question I apologize in advance.

Thanks.

-lucas

Lucas Rockwell
<mailto:lr@meer.net>