IMP v.2.3. Polish localization

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 05:56:58 -0500 (CDT)

[Moving this to the Horde development list; I'll quote the whole thing so
the developers can see it.]

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Marcin Orda, ISP GROT <bg_bowla@gronet.pl> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I live in Poland and recently I was lookin for a webmail application.
> Fortunately I have a friend who recommended me www.horde.org. After I
> visited section about IMP project and tried out the demo sites... that
> was great! I guess that the only thing I noticed is missing is Polish
> localization.
>
> I really would like to help and translate the whole GUI and everything
> that you'll need into Polish or English in both directions :)

Great!  Internationalization and lots of localizations are one of the
Horde project's strengths and goals, so we love to see more locales get
added.  Thanks for writing!

The easiest way to get started is to check out from CVS the most recent
HEAD versions of Horde and the modules (IMP etc.).  Then work on your
translation, and submit your changes to <dev@lists.horde.org> in the form
of a unified context-diff (diff -u) ... i.e., patch(es).  Some of the
translators have CVS commit privileges so you can ask about that too, if
you would find it useful.

It's great to read the following, but we don't have any stringent
requirements... just happy to have people that are willing to pitch in and
help.  :-)  Oh, and we do have Horde mirror sites too; Jon can probably
tell you more about that, if you want to become one.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN