[dev] broken content-disposition

jan@horde.org jan@horde.org
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:37:09 +0200

Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:

> Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:
>
> > What do you think about dropping the content-disposition quirk for ie
> 5.5?
> >
> > According to MS this problem is solved with the latest SP(2) and our quirk
>
> > breaks some other things with 5.5SP2 (that I use).
>
> If you can verify that it actually is fixed, go for it. However, I'm pretty
>
> sure I tested when SP2 came out, and it was still broken.

It's been a while since we started this discussion, I just didn't have the time
to look around this one.

The 5.5 SP2 browser I has the chance to test all behave like they should. That
means we can use the full "Content-disposition: attachment" header with them.
We even must because the quirk we're using breaks the download with this
browser.

Perhaps we can use the javascript property navigator.appMinorVersion to find
out which sp is installed. This requires the value to be passed to our scripts.
I see two ways to do that: At login time with a hidden field or at call time
with an url parameter (e.g. to view.php).

Opinions?

Jan.