[dev] why mimp?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:38:15 -0400

Quoting jan@horde.org:

> Why to put a mobile imp version into its own module?
> As most of the logic would be the same in imp and mimp - and of course also
> bugs and their fixes - why not keep it the same as it was started some time ago
> with horde/turba: use different templates for wml output and share the logic.

Because when I started working on it, I realized that there are a lot of things
which just aren't going to carry over, and a lot of logic that IMP does that
just is unnecessary. I plan on having them share preferences, libraries, and
config files as much as possible, but I think the actual scripts out to be
different.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in