[dev] horde framework

Lucas Rockwell lr@meer.net
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 19:28:37 -0700

does someone have any diagrams or even an ERD that describes how the various tables for horde and imp relate to reach other? in particular, what tables are needed for imp? the DATABASE document that comes with imp-2.3.6 does not really say much. a full list of the database tables and what they do and how imp interacts with them and when would be awesome. also, where do i configure the database information for imp?

and my two cents says that there should be one database with a set of common tables for ALL horde apps. you log into horde, you are logged into the other apps, including imp. horde appears to be a portal, but without this functionality it falls short. when a user logs into horde they may not want to check their mail immediately, but it would be cool to know if they had any new messages or not. and if they don't have any messages, why waste the time loading the inbox when all they really wanted was someone's address?

i say this because this is what i really want: a portal. i want a framework that someone can log into, and at a glance see various things from the various other applications: do they have new mail? what's on their calendar for today? what are the headlines of the news they subscribed to? etc. maybe horde isn't what i'm looking for. it has so many wonderful aspects so it would be great if i could use it. but maybe it isn't right for what i want to do.

any and all responses are welcome.

thanks.

-lucas