[dev] horde framework

Atif aghaffar@developer.ch
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:56:46 +0200

Lucas Rockwell wrote:

>you log into horde, you are logged into the other apps, including imp. h=
orde appears to be a portal, but without this functionality it falls short.

I have had been following the Horde/* lists for quiet sometime now.
It started as an Email program (or lets say IMP was the most important
component) and then it sort of strayed.

Its not an email program any more.
Its not a portal neither.

Perhaps its an acedemic exercise.
Perhaps its to show how to code in php? (coding style)
Perhaps its a framework.

Now, I am confused.

Then, the term portal is also very broad.
I assume you are using the term portal as a "gate" to other services
(which is infact the correct meaning of a portal) and in that case Horde
framework should provide the functionality that you are asking for.

I have used Horde for quiet some time now, with getting the features
that I want and work on it from there. The goal was to create a mail
program for business users that get a lot of mails, use a lot of filters
etc. I had to fork and build it from there. Its finished and in use by
about 3k users since months.

That was the goal then, now I want to have an email program to replace
Mozilla Mail or something as cool as Mozilla Mail with more bells and
whistles. I would like to have multiple email accounts possibility (see
my previous mail in this thread). If Horde goes that way, we will soon
have that functionality.

Oh forget what I said, and release 2.3!!!! :)

--
Atif Ghaffar