Moving Horde Database within MySQL

tim@dev.bolted.co.uk tim@dev.bolted.co.uk
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 21:23:03 +0100 (BST)

Dear List,

In order to do some work on MIMP, I need to install Horde 1.3.x and IMP
2.3.x.  The only server I can do this development on is the same as my
production server which is running IMP Horde 1.2.6 and 2.2.6.  Given their
use by others as well, these cannot be compromised.

I reckoned this would not be a problem, I have moved the MySQL database
for my stable and production installation of horde & imp from 'horde' to
'hordeorig' using a MySQL dump and then restoring it to the new database.
Then changed the reference for the database in
'horde/imp/config/defaults.php3'. All looks well and I could change a
user's preference with the same 'hordemgr' user in the new database.  And
this wrote to the tables in the new database.  Therefore I deleted the
existing 'horde' database.

At that point I could not longer stay logged in and all new logins do not
work.  I have checked and new session entries are being written to the
'active_sessions' table.

At Chuck's suggestion, I also changed the refences in
'horde/phplib/local.inc file', though I am fairly certain these were not
in use, as the database user/password combination in
'horde/phplib/local.inc file' was the installation default one and not the
one I set for Horde/IMP.

The normal extension to the URL with the seesion ID is not coming up and
the active session is not staying logged in.  Seems that it is still
trying to read from the old database 'horde'.  Is there somewhere else the
database needs to be changed?  Looks like this is an IMP setting and not a
horde setting.

I have looked round the config files in both IMP and horde and cannot find
any other reference to the database location.  Also have wiped the cache
and all cookies and tried with IE, Opera & lynx.  None stay logged in any
more.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Tim