More Imp maintenance patches

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 01:32:57 -0600

Man, I love this maintenance stuff :)

Anyway, it always bothered me that all the actual code to actually do the
different tasks was lumped together in the bottom of the library.  So, I took
each individual maintenance function out and placed it in its own little
class/module.

These changes:
1.) makes it more like the other Horde classes (i.e. Auth, MIME_Viewer)
2.) makes it a bit faster - I think - since it only loads the maintenance
functions when it actually needs to do the maintenance instead of every login
3.) Makes a couple of helper functions deprecated (namely the studlyCaps
function or whatever it was called, and the lowercase first function) - nice
because these really weren't necessary to the actual goals of the module
4.) makes it easier in the future to develop new maintenance functions - the
steps to produce new functions are less obtuse than they used to be

I did some testing and there appears to be no problems - i.e. it works
identical to the current maintenance stuff.  Then again, if the current
maintenance stuff has problems, they probably haven't been fixed here :(

Diffs/new files can be found at:
  http://bigworm.colorado.edu/imp-patches/maintenance.php

enjoy,
michael