[dev] More questions :) RE: [dev] Some functionality and twea king quest ions

Scott Singleton scott@beacon-inc.com
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 12:55:21 -0500

Yeah.. I guess without the RFC822 series handling such header tags as
'standard' they'll never be implemented in C-Client or the PHP C-client
wrapper functions :(

most of the headers I'm referring to have to do with X.400 mappings and are
mentioned in RFC1327 as non-standard.  However in our business community
Exchange/Outlook combo's are increasingly prevelant.  My goal with horde/Imp
is to replace that NASTY outlook web interface that ships with MS-Exchange
:P

They should at least work up a imap_fetchheader type of function that let's
you pass a specific token to find in the header block.

-Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Hagenbuch [mailto:chuck@horde.org]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 12:05 PM
To: dev@lists.horde.org
Subject: RE: [dev] More questions :) RE: [dev] Some functionality and
twea king quest ions

Quoting Scott Singleton <scott@beacon-inc.com>:

> indicator graphics for levels of importance and sensitivity, and
> auto-deleting expired emails, or marked as expired in the list.

The problem is that none of these are even remotely standardized, so you
don't
have access to them in the lightweight header summary we have in
mailbox.php.
Also, auto-deletion is a touchy thing to play with.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in

> most of the headers I'm referring to have to do with X.400 mappings and are
> mentioned in RFC1327 as non-standard.  However in our business community
> Exchange/Outlook combo's are increasingly prevelant.  My goal with horde/Imp
> is to replace that NASTY outlook web interface that ships with MS-Exchange
> :P

Lots of people have already done this. :)

> They should at least work up a imap_fetchheader type of function that let's
> you pass a specific token to find in the header block.

I think you just volunteered.

-chuck