[dev] More questions :) RE: [dev] Some functionality and twea king quest ions

Scott Singleton scott@beacon-inc.com
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 12:01:10 -0500

indicator graphics for levels of importance and sensitivity, and
auto-deleting expired emails, or marked as expired in the list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Hagenbuch [mailto:chuck@horde.org]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 11:58 AM
To: dev@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [dev] More questions :) RE: [dev] Some functionality and
tweaking quest ions

Quoting Scott Singleton <scott@beacon-inc.com>:

> Next question, and I don't know whether imp handles this or if it's on the
> chopping block for future releases but I need the system to handle the
> following mail header tags:

> Expiry-Date:

Right now the header parsing code that we use is built in to php, and thus
c-
client, and isn't too flexible. It should be possible to fetch the raw
headers
(imap_fetchheader() ) and parse them in php-space without too much of a
performance penalty when actually viewing messages. Doing it in the mailbox
view would be prohibitive, though, without changing the php/c-client layer.

What exactly do you mean by "handle"?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in

> indicator graphics for levels of importance and sensitivity, and
> auto-deleting expired emails, or marked as expired in the list.

The problem is that none of these are even remotely standardized, so you don't
have access to them in the lightweight header summary we have in mailbox.php.
Also, auto-deletion is a touchy thing to play with.

-chuck