[dev] IMP print request

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 20:51:01 -0500

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 06:23:40PM -0700, Michael M Slusarz wrote:

> Don't know if this can be done or not (since I'm no expert on javascript)...
> When printing out a message in IMP (using the print link), is it possible to
> have the popup window automatically close after the printing is completed?
> I.e. have javascript call the browser's print interface, and after this is
> completed, close that window.

I don't believe that's possible, but if someone can do the
research, it sounds like a nice thing to add.

The idea of (optionally) using the PHP PDFlib interface to
generate a PDF-formatted version of a message for printing was
also raised during the PHP Conference.  If someone has the
inclination, that would also be a wonderful feature (for a
future release).

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)