Unicode in Turba, and Data.php - and User Admin

Michael Cochrane mike@graftonhall.co.nz
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:39:56 +0000

I've got the Windows address book working how i want and finally delt to the
date field by writing code to divide a value stored in a string in hex by an
integer to get around the 64bit value problem.

One last problem... what to do with the non ascii characters... specifically the
windows address book is all in unicode, not an issue if on an english system
(just convert ti ascii) but one of my test address books is in japanese, i can
extract the unicode values no worries. At the moment I am outputing them as HTML
codes to display them correctly for testing, but how are we going to handle
these characters in Turba and IMP?

Also - un related, but i'm writting an Auth class specifically for MDaemon that
handles add, remove, update users. What should we do about add, update fields?
auth class specific templates? or a more general system for field names, types,
default values?

- Mike