[dev] Unicode in Turba, and Data.php - and User Admin

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 00:19:59 -0500

Quoting Michael Cochrane <mike@graftonhall.co.nz>:

> One last problem... what to do with the non ascii characters... specifically
> the windows address book is all in unicode, not an issue if on an english
> system (just convert ti ascii) but one of my test address books is in
> japanese, i can extract the unicode values no worries. At the moment I am
> outputing them as HTML codes to display them correctly for testing, but how
> are we going to handle these characters in Turba and IMP?

I'd utf-8 encode them... we support, at least for LDAP, utf8-encoded backends.
Encouraging more work along those lines can't be bad. :)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the