[dev] sending long emails get scrambled

Scott A. Sibert ehorde@hollins.edu
Fri, 07 Dec 2001 11:08:24 -0500

Oh, I am using the Galeon browser (mozilla-based) that came with RH72.

Date: Fri,  7 Dec 2001 18:02:11 -0500
From: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>
To: dev@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [dev] sending long emails get scrambled

Quoting "Scott A. Sibert" <ehorde@hollins.edu>:

> I'm using the latest CVS Stable of horde, imp, etc.  I just updated a
> few minutes ago.  I have an 11KB email in my INBOX that looks fine.  I
> click "reply" and type a message to reply to the sender.  The email
> looks fine.  Then I click "send" and it appears to send it.  The
> recipient receives a hacked-up email that is only 6KB in size.  Also, my
> "sent-mail" folder contains the same hacked-up email.  One of my
> co-workers told me yesterday about an email he'd typed (several pages)
> arrived scrambled and was messed up in his sent-mail folder also.  This
> morning I replied to a longer email and it was messed up.

I've seen similar things. So far, it seems like it's a PHP problem, since the
text is mangled before IMP ever starts doing anything to it. I'll investigate
further. Is everyone who's seeing this using a recent PHP?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the