[dev] mcrypt, magic_quotes_runtime

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 13:48:32 -0500

Quoting "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn@horde.org>:

> test.php checks for both of these things.  What is mcrypt used for?  And
> is the check for magic_quotes_runtime still needed?  Depending on the
> answer, I might outfit the RPMs to be provide these, or remove them from
> test.php.

Mcrypt is used in the Secret:: class. If it isn't present, we fall back on the
HCEMD5 class in PEAR, but mcrypt is far more robust.

I was never entirely sure where magic_quotes_runtime gets used. If someone can
verify that it doesn't screw us up, the check can be taken out, but otherwise,
it should stay. We should work with magic_quotes_gpc either way, btw; anywhere
that doesn't is a bug.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the