Separate message windows...

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 13:55:05 -0500

Moving this to the dev list...

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> But how do we want to decide _where_ this point is. In my personal opinion,
> imp is already far away from a "thin" application and I don't see good
> reasons why to stop adding new options (if in combination with new
> features) at some point.

IMP isn't "thin", no. But that's not a reason to just happily add in every
single mod that comes our way - options still need to make _sense_, not create
incredibly messy code (we haven't seen this one yet), not go against the goals
of IMP, etc.

This applies somewhat to the SessionCache::deleteObject() method, as well - it
doesn't really belong in that class, because it doesn't mesh with what that
class is meant to do. Maybe this means we need a _different_ class for
abstracting storage of objects which _should_ be held on to, no matter what. It
doesn't mean we should break the design of the existing class.

> What I also think is that the options screen becomes a bit complex but I
> already have some ideas how to make a nicer ui (besides moving general
> options to horde). If I only had more time...

Well, you can share these ideas, implement them yourself... or don't complain
too much about how things are. :) All of us are short on time; we do what we
can.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the