[dev] preferences naming is not ldap compliant.

Dominic Ijichi dom@ijichi.org
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:30:32 +0000

Hi, I emailed these problems to imp@lists.horde.org, and got directed here.
Thanks for sorting this, the patches works a treat! I ran into a few problems,
though:

1) The objectclasses are not added to the user record automatically, that has to
be done manually otherwise you get schema violation.

2) If you use IMP to authenticate (ie by uncommenting first to lines of
registry.php), then the preferences are attempted as user@domain.com (the search
for the user that is, which fails, and also bombs out with unfriendly error
message).  If you login using Horde Auth, then login to IMP, it binds as just
user (as opposed to user@domain.com) and everything works.  I noticed the same
thing under sql - it makes sense under sql to avoid clashes, but breaks under LDAP.

3) Who is responsible for getting an OID? It takes a couple of weeks to get one,
can we ask someone to start the process?

4) My Openldap (v2.0.18) on Solaris dumped core everytime I ran it up with your
original schema.  After recapitalising attributetype, objectclass, changing oids
etc, fiddling with attribute length constraints, I eventually found it was
because the single objectClass was too long!  Did you have this trouble?  I had
to split it into multiple objectClasses before slapd would run without dumping
core..  I've attached the schema that works for me - maybe it's a good thing to
split it up anyway?  I know this is off target, but my slapd fails with (truss
output):

    Incurred fault #6, FLTBOUNDS  %pc = 0xFEF423FC
      siginfo: SIGSEGV SEGV_MAPERR addr=0x00000308
    Received signal #11, SIGSEGV [caught]
      siginfo: SIGSEGV SEGV_MAPERR addr=0x00000308
sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, 0xFEEAEFE8, 0x00000000) = 0
sigaction(SIGSEGV, 0xFFBEE318, 0x00000000)      = 0
sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, 0xFEEBADB8, 0x00000000) = 0
setcontext(0xFFBEE4D0)
    Incurred fault #6, FLTBOUNDS  %pc = 0xFEF423FC
      siginfo: SIGSEGV SEGV_MAPERR addr=0x00000308
    Received signal #11, SIGSEGV [default]
      siginfo: SIGSEGV SEGV_MAPERR addr=0x00000308
        *** process killed ***

Anyone got a clue??

Cheers
Dom

You're right, but default identity params are stored in the main fullname,
signature, etc..
I've update the patches and schema (empty pref value storage fix, impFullname
& impFromAddress attributes added)
stuff still in http://kaalh.smol.org/horde/

--
)../-{^_^}-\..(
             --

Surlignage Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> Zitat von kaalh@smol.org:
> > to be
> > a better place than conf.php.
> > $_prefs['signature'] = array(
> > 'value' => '',
> > 'locked' => false,
> > 'shared' => true,
> > 'type' => 'implicit',
> > 'map' => array('ldap' => 'impSignature')
> > );
> > $_prefs['signature'] = array(
> > 'value' => '',
> > 'locked' => false,
> > 'shared' => true,
> > 'type' => 'implicit',
> > 'map' => array('sql' => 'impSignature')
> > );
> > Just to make some things clear: Stuff like signature, full_name, from_addr
> are not really prefs anymore. They are altogether stored in identities as a
> > serialized array. The entrie in prefs.php are just for setting which parts
> of the identity are locked and to provide default values.
> > Jan.
> > ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
> AMMMa AG - discover your knowledge
> :::::::::::::::::::::::::::
> Detmolder Str. 25-33 :: D-33604 Bielefeld
> fon +49.521.96878-0 :: fax  +49.521.96878-20
> http://www.ammma.de
> > --

This message was penned by the hand of DOM

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and
may be privileged or protected by other legal rules. It is intended
solely for the addressee(s). Access to this e-mail by anyone other than
the addressee(s) is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient
or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are not authorised to, and therefore must not, disclose, copy,
distribute or retain all or any part of this message.