[dev] preferences naming is not ldap compliant.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:48:32 -0500

I'm not completely up on the LDAP prefs stuff, so I'll just answer what I know.

Quoting Dominic Ijichi <dom@ijichi.org>:

> 2) If you use IMP to authenticate (ie by uncommenting first to lines of
> registry.php), then the preferences are attempted as user@domain.com (the
> search for the user that is, which fails, and also bombs out with unfriendly
> error message).  If you login using Horde Auth, then login to IMP, it binds as
> just user (as opposed to user@domain.com) and everything works.  I noticed the
> same thing under sql - it makes sense under sql to avoid clashes, but breaks
> under LDAP.

Just make the 'realm' in IMP's servers.php ''.

> 3) Who is responsible for getting an OID? It takes a couple of weeks to get
> one, can we ask someone to start the process?

What's an OID?

> core..  I've attached the schema that works for me - maybe it's a good thing

Nothing was attached... attachments to the lists need to be text/plain.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the