[dev] Re: Caching methods

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 06:42:26 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> wrote:

> To continue the thought, how does (or could) this relate to the Horde
> Cache (settings in config/horde.php)?  Could one write a driver for
> Horde's cache that would use PHP's?

To follow up:  Chuck told me in IRC yesterday that the PHP caching
technologies such as APC become built-in, automatic, transparent pieces of
PHP and Zend... it's not like there are user-level hooks to use those
caches for anything.  So Horde's cache doesn't really relate; we couldn't
use those PHP caches as a storage driver.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde