[dev] .inc files

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 09:25:01 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org> wrote:

> Why?  I thought we had this debate a while back, and concluded
> that they should be ".inc" files exactly because they shouldn't
> be parsed by the web server.

Do I take it from the lack of responses after this that everyone agrees
we're sticking with .inc?  I want to look at Joris's changes to test.php
because I like the idea of automated checking.

> And yes, everyone should be restricting access to templates/ by
> .htaccess files or other mechanisms, but I bet many people dont :)

Yeah.  The RPMs restrict config/lib/locale/po/templates, and the 2.2.x
security doc says the same thing.  I think we should preserve this
recommendation in our new docs.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde