RC4 announcement

Sam Smith S@mSmith.net
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 18:24:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 24 Dec 2001, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:
> Horde 2.0 Release Candidate 4 (RC4), IMP 3.0 RC4, and Turba 1.0 RC4 are
> now available.  Please note the new installation documentation in the
> docs/INSTALL file for all three; we would especially appreciate feedback
> from people trying to install using this documentation.

example.com is (mis)spelt exemple.com in imp2turba.pl and imp2horde.pl
which is about the most serious issue I can find.

The documentation is clear and to the point. Although the horde INSTALL
file could move the prerequisites stuff to a seperate file (it's long,
and not necessarily required -- possibly have "you need PHP version
foo and PEAR version bar, read docs/PHPreqs for more details on
getting these" in INSTALL intead.

How difficult/easy is it to put a different address out instead of
/horde/imp? Traditionally, we have promoted www.our.domain.com/webmail
-- which currently changes to /horde/imp when someone tries to log in.
Hiding the webmail client we use from the masses seems like a good idea.

Sam