[dev] Re: RC4 announcement

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 14:01:07 -0500

Quoting Sam Smith <S@mSmith.net>:

> example.com is (mis)spelt exemple.com in imp2turba.pl and imp2horde.pl
> which is about the most serious issue I can find.

Fixed in CVS, thanks.

And thanks for the rest of the feedback, too!

> How difficult/easy is it to put a different address out instead of
> /horde/imp? Traditionally, we have promoted www.our.domain.com/webmail
> -- which currently changes to /horde/imp when someone tries to log in.
> Hiding the webmail client we use from the masses seems like a good idea.

It isn't hard at all. You need to make sure that horde/config/registry.php has
the paths straight for everything, but otherwise you can use aliases or just
move things around in the webroot as much as you like (if you set all of the
paths correctly, having /webmail be imp and /horde be next to it _should_ work
fine). The trickiest setting is 'cookie_path' - you _must_ have this be the top
level of your Horde tree; if you had horde/ and webmail side-by-side as I
described, it would have to be '' (empty - the server root).

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the