Italian translation

Federico Giannici giannici@neomedia.it
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:26:53 +0000

I have almost finished a large update of the Italian translation for the
RELENG versions of Horde, IMP and Turba.

I have contacted the previous translator (pcarpenter@infvic.it) and it's
OK for her.
Moreover, I'm the italian translator for IMP 2.2...

During the translation I have found a problem: when a text is used into
a Javascript Alert message, I have to escape every occurrence of the
single quote ("'") character.
The problem is that it's not always clear if a string will be used into
such a situation.
Moreover, for what I have understood, teorically the same string could
be used in two different situations, one with the escape required and
one without escape!

I think that every text that goes to a Javascript Alert should be passed
through a function that automatically escapes every occurrence of the
single quote.

Or better still, every text that goes to javascript string should pass
through this function...

Am I right?

Bye,
    __