[dev] Curious about unified login

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:36:55 -0500

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 01:05:58PM -0600, Marcus I. Ryan wrote:

> However, that's not what I was referring too (exactly).  That will let
> you log into IMP without logging in twice, but you will still have to
> login to Gollem.  Or you can set it up the other way.  Either way you
> can't log into horde once and use every available horde application
> without ever having to log in again; there are a couple that require a
> password.

Take Gollem, for instance.  If you authenticate to Horde using a
given username and password, how are we to know that's you
password for the IMAP server and/or the FTP server?  Gollem will
still need to ask you for the hostname of the FTP server, just
like IMP will need to know the IMAP server.

This all makes things rather complicated.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)