Last-minute reminder: OSCON talks

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 20:49:44 -0500

Just a reminder that you need to get talk proposals in by tomorrow for OSCON
2002:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2002/create/e_sess

It's be great to see more of you there, even if you're not speaking!

For anyone who's curious, I've submitted the following proposals:

Title: Programming the Horde Application Framework
There are as many definitions of an application framework as there are
application frameworks. We will explore the Horde Application Framework and
provide an overview of the Horde Project, its history, and the apis, standards,
resources, and existing applications that it provides. We will then take a
detailed look at the APIs provided by the framework - what are they, how are
they used, and when and where should they be used.

The second half of the talk will be devoted to developing new Horde
applications, and we will go through a detailed example of how to create an
application from scratch.

Title: Advanced Horde Programming: Using the Horde Registry
The Horde Application Framework provides a powerful framework for web
applications. Perhaps the most powerful and complex part of the framework is
the Horde Registry. This is the infrastructure which allows Horde applications
to reuse functionality from other applications, and to be seemlessly replaced
by different implementations.

This tutorial will delve into all aspects of the Registry, including how to
write application methods and how to use them from your own applications. We
will also discuss calling them via XML-RPC and other remote technologies.

Title: Configuring Horde Applications: Getting the most from your Horde
installation
IMP is the most popular application distributed by the Horde Project. If you
use Horde apps, or have considered it, you know that there are a lot of
configuration options and custom hooks available. But do you know how to use
them all, and what they all mean?

We will go over the options available in Horde applications, including color
scheme modification, general configuration options, custom hooks, and the
preferences system. The preferences discussion will include how to customize
the user interface, as well as how to add your own user preferences to any
application.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity