[dev] Last-minute reminder: OSCON talks

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 09:31:05 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org> wrote:

> What I currently have is based on the xml-rpc extension. It consists of a
> rpc.php file sitting in the horde directory that provides an rpc interface
> to all methods defined by the registry and callable by a function.
>
> What I plan is to extend Horde apps that provide a servers or sources
> definition (currently only Turba) with a new backend driver that can be
> remote Horde installation. This driver calls then the rpc.php file of the
> other installation.

This sounds really interesting!

One question for you:  any particular reason why you are using XML-RPC and
not SOAP?  I looked at both a little while back and decided that XML-RPC
seemed more mature, but SOAP seemed to be where industry momentum is.  I
haven't really started developing anything yet and I would love to hear
your thoughts before I do.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde