[dev] Last-minute reminder: OSCON talks

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:50:07 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org> wrote:

> I was also thinking about which rpc implementation to use. I'd prefer
> SOAP for the same reason you pointed out but the pear class was quite
> unusable when I started this. There is currently a lot of work on the
> module in pear so perhaps I'll switch to it as soon as it becomes more
> mature.

I was able to get a simple "Hello world" function working from both SOAPx4
(PHP) and SOAP::Lite (Perl), enough to convince me that I had an
interoperable arg/return-passing scheme.  This was ~summer 2001; as you
said, it's probably progressed since then.  Once thing it was lacking was
HTTPS support; I haven't looked again to see if it's there yet.  I should
check out the PEAR class too.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde