[dev] Turba Groups

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:06:52 -0500

Quoting Michael Cochrane <mike@graftonhall.co.nz>:

> So if I wanted to implement groups in Turba
> Obviously need to finish Group.php (basically done)

Great!

> should Turba_Group also have a listMembers() function (returning an
> array of Turba_AbstractObjects)?

Sounds good, yes.

> And should I also be implementing a Turba_GroupView and
> Turba_GroupView_List
> (List is most obvious, but _Tree would allow nested groups)?

Sounds good.

> I'll have a play around a bit and see what I come up with. Chuck or Jan
> or anyone else, did you have anything specific in mind for the
> implementation of the classes?

The main hurdle is storage, and decisions like whether or not to make
groups just a set of object ids, or to have them be just email addresses,
or to copy all information (I'd nix this option, but the other two are
valid, and might co-exist); whether to allow groups to have contacts from
multiple sources, etc.

Feel free to use the Category:: framework to store groups, if that makes
sense.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity