[dev] imp "empty trash" modifications

Marcus I. Ryan marcus@riboflavin.net
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:55:54 -0600

I looked at doing this a while ago and never really got around to it.  I
can take care of it if you don't want to.  If you do want to, then by
all means...just offering.

However, I think this needs to be two seperate things, or at least I
envision it that way.

(1) If use_trash is set, then don't display the Hide | Purge actions
(2) Add a menu item to empty the trash

When I say add a menu item, I mean add an item to the top imp menu
between INBOX and Compose.  That way I can empty the trash from the
mailbox view, from a message view, or wherever else I want...

What would REALLY be nice is if it could return me to where I am, but
I'm not sure how I would code that right now...I have some thoughts, but
nothing solid.

Regardless, I agree that the Hide Deleted | Purge deleted shouldn't be
there if the user has use_trash set.  If they are using another reader
that leaves deleted messages in their mailbox, they can use that reader
to get rid of them.  If they have hide_deleted turned on and use_trash
set, they'll never even know they're there...