[dev] imp "empty trash" modifications

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:14:21 +0100

Zitat von "Marcus I. Ryan" <marcus@riboflavin.net>:

> Regardless, I agree that the Hide Deleted | Purge deleted shouldn't be
> there if the user has use_trash set.  If they are using another reader
> that leaves deleted messages in their mailbox, they can use that reader
> to get rid of them.  If they have hide_deleted turned on and use_trash
> set, they'll never even know they're there...

I don't agree. I think a common scenario how IMP is used is that people
access their mails in the LAN with a common mail reader and use IMP while
they're on the road.

So it might happen more often than we think that they have one mail reader
that uses a trash folder and another that uses the deleted flag. Making the
purge deleted action only available in IMP if the user doesn't use the
trash folder preference can confuse the users in these cases.

Jan.