[dev] Advanced Search in IMP

Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:59:45 -0600

> Quoting "Scott A. Sibert" <ehorde@hollins.edu>:
>
> > Why was the To, CC, BCC taken out of the Advanced Search?  This greatly
> > reduces the functionality of the whole Address Book and the searching
> > function.  It used to be easy to have certain values in, for example,
> > the Title field.  Then you could Advanced Search on that field and
> > select each returned result to be the recipient of a new email.
>
> This was discussed in depth on the list previously. The short answer is
> that it needed to be redone. If someone submits a patch with a better API
> for composing emails, we will implement it. See the archives for what that
> might entail.
>
> -chuck

I tried very hard to code this back in.  It is a nightmare. I've given
up for now.  The only way I could find to do it involved so much php
and javascript interaction that it was a real nightmare.  I will
probably try again sometime, when I have more freetime, but for now
I'm dumping it and will concentrate on documentation for horde.

Just want to confirm that doing this, and doing this right, is not
at all an easy job!

--
Eric

Hey Rocky!  Watch me pull a rabbit from my hat!