[dev] Report: I got working Horde+IMP with Apache 2.0.35 and PHP 4.2.0 RC4 (fwd)

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:53:35 -0500 (CDT)

[I think we'll just get this into the dev@ archive for now; I suspect the
patches he mention are going to be substantial enough that adding Apache 2
to the "supported" web page is only going to get lots of newbie questions.
That said, thanks for the report, Javier.]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 18:53:47 +0200
From: Javier Tejero <xavi@tejero.dnsalias.net>
To: bjn@horde.org
Subject: Report: I got working Horde+IMP with Apache 2.0.35 and PHP 4.2.0
    RC4

Hello,

I don't know if I must report this configuration to you. This e-mail
hasn't any questions, I only want to report that I got working Horde 3.0
+ IMP 3.0 (with Turba and Kronolith also) with the Apache 2.0.35 -with
mod_ssl- (recently released) and the prelease of PHP 4.2.0RC4 (I suppose
it will work also with RC3). I'm using MySQL as a driver and the UW-IMAP
2001 without SSL support (all installed in the same server, my home
server, a RedHat 7.2).

But to get it working I have had to modify some code, of course... But I
don't know still why, so I won't say anything about the patches, by the way.

If I must send this e-mail to other people, please let me know. I'm
currently no subscribed to any mailing list, but I thougth it would be
interesting for Horde Team to know this (I suppose a lot of people have
got working this version, I must be only one more).

The Webmail is on my server (see URL below) at /horde/, although it's
under password, and I suppose you don't need it.

Although this great new (at least for me :-), I must report that I can't
use Horde 3.1RC2 + IMP3.1RC2 within this Apache 2.0.35+PHP4.2.0RC4 (I
haven't tried RC1)...it doesn't work well (yet). I only got working this
versions of Horde+IMP under Apache 1.3.24 + PHP 4.1.1, of course.

Congratulations for Horde+IMP!!!!!

Sincerely,

--
   Fco. Javier Tejero Jurado

     Tel.: (+34) 657 864 779
    xavi@tejero.dnsalias.net
 https://tejero.dnsalias.net

P.S.: Sorry about my very bad english.
P.S.2: I only will expect one reply in order to know that this mail has been read & understood (if it's possible of course), thank you.