[dev] More MIME improvements

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 19:58:26 -0600

http://bigworm.colorado.edu/imp-patches/pgp/diffs/rfc2015_6.diff.txt

OK - I had to reconfigure the MIME parsing system so that we will be able
to correctly identify and parse PGP messages using the MIME_Viewer
framework.  The problem with the current system is that none of the
information about groups of MIME Parts (i.e. the header information for a
group of MIME parts labeled 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc.) was parsed out of the MIME
headers.  This is crucial since under RFC 2015 the PGP message
identification appears in these headers - these are the headers needed to
call the correct MIME_Viewer.

This functionality has been implemented now.  Let me know if you want gory
details about what the data structure changed to: for starters, I have
printed a sample output using print_r() for a multipart message using the
new and old functions at:
http://bigworm.colorado.edu/imp-patches/pgp/mime_new.txt
http://bigworm.colorado.edu/imp-patches/pgp/mime_old.txt

(BTW, just to make sure I haven't screwed anything up, I ran a test using
the MIME torture test that comes with UW-IMAP. Everything worked fine.)

However, I haven't altered the PGP MIME_Viewer yet so nothing will appear.
Here's a quick patch that will, until I fully implement, just print out the
contents of a PGP message to the screen.

http://bigworm.colorado.edu/imp-patches/pgp/diffs/rfc2015_6_a.diff.txt

let me know if you have any questions.
michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]